Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Getting Older...



This past weekend I had a little health scare and above was my Sunday morning view.  Good news is I should be fine.  I still have some more tests to complete this week but a full recovery is in my future.

Sitting in a hospital bed for a day really gets your mind thinking about what is important in your life and a priority.  Being only 40 and mostly healthy this kind of thing can shake you up a little.  I am thankful for a loving family and friends that share a mutual concern for my health.  I am very thankful for my girlfriend who's medical knowledge is tremendous and her unconditional support is amazing.  My 8 year old son keeps me strong everyday of my life.  No matter what I do I want to make him proud.

I am starting to realize that as I get older my metabolism is slowing down.  I really need to focus on what I eat and my exercise routine.  This is a challenge for me because I used to be able to eat what ever I wanted  and I was always very active.  Now I actually have to watch what I eat and make time for exercise.

Ahh, the challenges of getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search